BCSO SAR App Use and Guidelines
All BCSO Search and Rescue members are required to have the BCSO/SAR App installed on their mobile device. The BCSO/SAR App is the primary system used to communicate time sensitive information to team members such as notifications of call-outs, meetings, events.
Team App is the software application that is actually downloaded to your mobile device. The term “BCSO/SAR App” is referring to the group information posted through the Team App system and used by BCSO/SAR personnel.
All members need to adhere to the following:
- The BCSO/SAR App is for official use only
- The ALERT section is for urgent communications. Avoid message/comment replies unless they are mission essential.
- BCSO/SAR App messaging features are only for team related activities
- DO NOT use the chat features for non-SAR communications
- Content and information posted in the BCSO/SAR app is not to be released or shared outside of official channels (i.e. parties or group not affiliated with BCSO).
- Sensitive CJIS/personal related data/information/content will NOT BE shared through the BCSO/SAR App
ALERTS – These are immediate notifications for call-outs and other team activities. Avoid comments/replies/thumbs up/etc – responses and replies should only be time sensitive and mission essential.
PHOTOS – pictures/images provided by BCSO/SAR, normally related to the current event
EVENTS – scheduled upcoming events (i.e. meetings, training, etc)
BUSY – members can indicate periods they will not be available
CHAT – chat rooms for official SAR business – Members can also create private chat rooms
E-NEWS – latest BCSO/SAR Newsletters
SAR WEB – link to the main BCSO/SAR website – You will need to log in
BCSO/SAR FORMS – various forms that can be completed online and submitted
SAR PACK – PDF file of the basic items you should have with you at all times in response to a call-out
APP RULES/GUIDE – what you are currently reading